Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Last updated: July 13, 2006
* Low on hitpoints? Need Healing? Don't want to waste cure spells? As long as you have Joril's Axe, you can equip it again and again to heal yourself or anyone else who is able to equip it.
* Keep your old party and export them into the seperate import folders. Then create a new party and import them in one at a time and transfer their items to your new party. You can do this over and over and that way you can copy any item that you want, which you can sell back for a lot of money too!
* When monsters choose one of your characters as a target, they stick to that target. Have that character run through a door and close it behind them, leaving the rest of your party with the beast which they can then attack without aggro until it's dead. This works wonders on boss monsters that would normally slaughter your party. Make sure your party or hero left behind has a weapon of sufficient strength to hit, i.e. +2 or better.
* Play on the weaknesses of the game engine. Move incrementally, revealing monsters one or two at a time and dispatching them before moving on.
* Take advantage of choke points such as doorways or narrow corridors especially when facing hordes of powerful enemies.
* Unlike in Baldur's Gate, you'll want more tough fighters than magic classes here. You need to be able to absorb lots of damage, otherwise you'll be heading to the healer often.
Note: Back up the original files before proceeding with the following set of codes.
ENABLE CHEAT MODE
Use a text editor to edit the "icewind.ini" file in the game directory. Add the line "Cheats=1" under the "[Game Options]" section. Start the game and press [Ctrl] + [Tab] to display the console window. Type "CHEATERSDOPROSPER:EnableCheatKeys();" (case-sensitive) to enable cheat mode. Then, enter one of the following codes while playing a game:
Press Ctrl + Tab to display the console window and then enter the following codes:
Show full map.
Teleport party to pointer.
Give selected characters indicated EXP.
Add indicated gold to party total.
Add 500 gold to party total.
5 healing potions, 5 antidotes, and 1 Scroll Of Stone To Flesh.
[Ctrl] + J - Move selected characters to pointer position.
[Ctrl] + R - Heal or resurrect the selected character or portrait.
[Ctrl] + Y - Kill selected monster or NPC with no EXP.
[Ctrl] + 4 - Display trigger polygons; shows traps.
[Ctrl] + 9 - Display character bounding boxes.
CHEATERSDOPROSPER:CreateItem("XXXX"); where XXXX is a
code for an item:
SCRL1Q - Scroll of Vampiric Touch
SCRL04 - Protection from Cold
SHLD06 - Large Shield +1
SW1H01 - Bastard Sword
SW2H01 - Two Handed Sword
WAND02 - Wand of Fear
XBOW03 - Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy
AMUL01 - Necklace of Missiles
AROW07 - Arrow of Dispelling
AX1H01 - Battle Axe
BELT02 - Golden Girdle
BLUN05 - Mace +1
BOLT02 - Bolt +1
BOOK03 - +1 Con
BOOT01 - Boots of Speed
BOW01 - Composite Long Bow
BRAC06 - Gauntlets of Ogre Power
BULL02 - Bullet +2
CHAN06 - Mithril Chain Mail +4
CLCK02 - Cloak of Protection +2
DAGG03 - Dagger +2
DART02 - Dart +1
HALB02 - Halberd +1
HAMM03 - War Hammer +2
HELM03 - Helm of Glory
MISC35 - Horn Coral Gem
POTN03 - Potion of Hill Giant Strength
PLAT05 - Full Plate Mail +1
RING01 - Ring